Setting up Netgear WiFi range extender for your home or workplace? First of all, we want to congratulate you on making a good extender choice of buying n300. Netgear range extenders are the widely used devices to extend the existing WiFi range and coverage to reach every corner, even in the backyard.
And to make the WiFi extender installation an easier process, Netgear provides its users with a setup wizard. Mywifiext. This wizard is known as Netgear genie setup wizard that offers on-screen step-by-step instructions to install your Netgear WiFi range extender without any difficulty. However, most users don’t know how to access this wizard. They tend to open the www mywifiext net for n300 or this web address 192.168.1.250 which at times does not work.
If you are also sailing on the same boat, here’s the rescue plan. This post will be your guide leading you the way to access the genie smart setup wizard in a hassle-free manner. Continue reading.
Access Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
The steps to access the WiFi range extender setup wizard vary on the device you are using.
For Windows OS
In case you are making use of a Windows PC, Android phone, Windows laptop, follow the steps given below to get the job done:
- Plug the power adapter of your Netgear extender to a wall outlet and turn it on.
- Check the power LED on your extender; it should be blinking green.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable that is in good condition; no cuts and no damages.
- Connect one end of the cable to the extender and another to the main router.
- Power on your main WiFi router.
- Thereafter, log in to your Windows PC as an admin. You can also use Android smartphone.
- Pull up an internet browser you like. The most preferable is Google Chrome.
- Write the default web address, i.e. mywifiext.net in the URL bar by using the keyboard or keypad.
- Once done, hit Enter key or click on the Go button.
- You will be taken to the login window.
- Type in the default credentials.
- Hit Log In.
- The Netgear genie smart setup wizard will open.
There you are! The wizard is also called Netgear installation assistant. Now, all you need to do is simply go through the on-screen installation steps.
For MAC OS X
Using a MAC OS or iOS device to set up your Netgear wireless range extender? If so, navigate to the below-mentioned steps and access the setup wizard for WiFi extender installation:
- Plug in the Netgear extender to a power source and switch it on.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the extender and router.
- Turn on your main router.
- On your MAC OS X device, iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, load a web browser of your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.local in the URL bar.
- Click on the Go button that looks like a forward arrow.
- Wait for some time and let the login screen load properly.
- Type in the default user ID and passphrase.
- Hit on the Log In button.
- Final page of Netgear genie smart setup wizard page will be opened.
That’s how you can access the Netgear genie setup wizard with ease. Now, follow the steps displayed on the screen and set up your WiFi range extender within minutes.