If you’re reading this article, you know that the world of content has gone digital. And it’s not just blogs either. Instead, businesses have a plethora of new ways to get their message out there in today’s digital age: videos, images, podcasts and articles are all digital now so why shouldn’t we leverage that and use it for our advantage? Let me tell you — there is no shortage of ways to increase your CTR. And we’ll be discussing some of them in this blog post as well as some tips on how to do it and how to implement them into your content marketing strategy. Keep reading to learn more about increasing your CTR and other strategies you can use in order to achieve it!
What is CTR?
CTR stands for Click-Through Rate. And it’s the percentage of people who click on an ad and take action on it. This can mean something different depending on your industry. If you’re in a B2B industry, the action could mean signing up for your product or service. But in B2C industries, the action could mean becoming a customer or being engaged with the brand, etc. In any case, if you want more people to click on your ad, you want a higher CTR. And there are a number of ways you can increase it.
Why You Should Care About CTR in Blogs
Coors Light is a popular beer. Unfortunately, the company doesn’t have a blog. No matter. They have an ad. And in this ad, they have an interesting message to convey, but unfortunately, it doesn’t get seen by many because they, the drinkers of Coors Light, don’t click on the ad. There are a few reasons as to why you should care about this metric.
First of all, you’re not just trying to get people to see your ads but to click on them as well. And while some people might be interested enough to see your ad even if they don’t click on it, most people won’t do that. So, the more people see your ads, the more likely they are to click on them and take the next step in the buying cycle. If you’re writing articles for your blog and you want more people to click on them and read them, then you want a higher CTR. If you’re creating any type of content for your business and you want more people to see it and engage with it, then you want a higher CTR.
Strategies for Increasing Blog CTR
Now that you know what CTR is and why you should care about it, let’s discuss some strategies you can implement to increase your blog’s CTR. These are mostly applicable to any type of content, whether it’s a blog post, an informational guide, an ebook or a video.
- Make Sure Your Post Delivers Value
- Use Metadata
- Know the Difference Between Tags and Keywords
- Add a Call to Action
- Use Images Effectively
- Add a Good-Looking Header Image
- Use Internal Links
- Use a Good Landing Page
- Use an Effective CTA
- Create a Compelling Call-to-Action-Worthy Title
- Add an Interesting Image to Your Post
- Use a Good Length for Your Article
Tips for Increasing Your Blog’s CTR
These are some tips on how to increase your blog’s CTR.
- – Use Covers, Images and Headers. One of the easiest ways to increase your blog’s CTR is by adding some attractive covers, images and headers to your posts. And you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do this either. You can use free stock images. Or, you can use freebie templates. Or, you can use freebies from sites like Fotolia, Creative Commons and Shutterstock. You can also use images that you find on Pinterest or on Google Images.
- – Add Internal Links. Another way to increase your blog’s CTR is to use internal links. Internal links are links to other related posts on your blog.
- – Create a Great Hook. And one of the best ways to increase your blog’s CTR is by creating a great hook. A hook is essentially a one-liner that catches the reader’s attention and gets them to read your post.
- – Add a Great Title. And lastly, you can also add a great title to your blog posts. This is especially important for posts with longer titles. A good title helps to draw the reader’s attention and also helps to increase your blog’s CTR.
- – Add a Great Hook at the End. And to increase your blog’s CTR even more, you can also add a great hook at the end of your post. This is especially effective for blog posts with longer lengths.
- – Use Internal Links. Another way to increase your blog’s CTR is by using internal links. Internal links are links to other related posts on your blog. This is a great way to drive more traffic to your blog and to increase your blog’s CTR.
- – Add Images. And lastly, you can also add images to your blog posts. Whenever possible, throw in an image with your text. And use images for headers, covers and images for your post. This is a great way to drive more traffic to your blog and to increase your blog’s ranks! You can check this post on how to start a blog.