With all the latest advancements of this technology era, life without the internet cannot be imagined. Nowadays, people are proactive on social networking, online gaming portals and other stuff available online.
However, these all stuff requires good internet connectivity to all the devices that you have in your house. And for that, you need a good Wireless router that can keep your devices connected to the internet all time. For most of us, the router is just the internet box. But technically, it’s a lot more. It can be said that it is a hardware and networking device that is used for receiving, analyzing and transferring the data packets along with the network (generally computer network).
There are many routers manufacturers available, and Netgear is the name to which most of us are familiar with. Netgear is known for providing most advanced technology to its networking gadgets. This makes these gadgets ideal to use in both environments – home as well as the office.
Common Issues With www.routerlogin.net setup
Even being the leader in providing world-class Networking gadgets, still, there are certain issues that users reported with the routerlogin.net admin. Most of the general issues include configurations errors, failure while adding a new device to the network, setup error when implying the wired connection and others.
When it comes to the configuration, the most reported error is the Routerlogin.net not working. The routerlogin.net is the default router admin page which is used to get access to the setup portal of the router.
Given below are the tips to avoid this error:
- First things first, check the web address and the credentials you are using for accessing the setup portal. The exact address is www.routerlogin.net. For credentials, refer to the user manual that is accompanied by your gadget.
Tip: If you are using a pre-used gadget, and you have modified the credentials, then the default credentials stated in the user manual won’t work for you. Hard reset can help you here. After you hard reset your router the default credentials will work for you.
- Next, clean the cache of the web browser that you are using. Different web browsers have individual means to clear the browser’s cache. For most of the web browsers, this option is in the tools section under the “clearing browsing history.” You can check with the support site of your browser for the detailed steps.
- Another solution for this issue is using the alternate IP address i.e. the 126.96.36.199 instead of the www.routerlogin.net setup. If this doesn’t work, use a different web browser. Also, if you are using the wireless connection, try establishing the wired Ethernet connection. For wireless connection, connect to the alternate network (such as the 2.4 GHz network or the 5 GHz network).
- Most of the corporate networks require multiple networks at the same time. For VPN users, disable all the other network connection for a time and only pair with your Netgear router.
If you have enabled the pop-up blocker, firewalls or any other ad blocking software temporary disable them for the time of setup. This is because sometimes, they prevent the authorization checker box (in which you type in your credentials) to pop up on your screen.
- Lastly, if nothing works, attempt a factory reset of your router and then go to the advanced option and update the firmware to the latest available version.
With the help of these tips, you can easily set up your Netgear router without the need of dealing with any sort of mess. However, if you feel you’re banging your head against a wall (as most of us are not tech savvy) – you can get assisted from Netgear support.